The Director, Defence Information, Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade, has confirmed that the troops
of the Nigerian Army have rescued 200 girls and 93 women during a raid on Sambisa Forest in
However, Olukolade could not however confirm
whether the rescued girls were the Chibok girls, who were kidnapped from the GovernmentvSecondary School, Chibok, Borno State in April last year or not.
The Defence spokesman told our correspondent on the telephone that the tweets on the twitter
handle of the Nigeria military supplied the true information about the military operation in
The Defence authorities had stated in threebtweets that the soldiers rescued the girls and
the women during an invasion of the Boko Haram stronghold.
It was further stated that the freed girls and women were being screened and profiled.
The Defence authorities stated specifically that the military had not been able to confirm whether the girls were part of the Chibok girls, who were abducted by Boko Haram on April 14, 2014.
It was further stated that the troops also destroyed three terrorists camps including
Tokumbere, which is said to be highly notorious (for crimes).
He said, “Troops this afternoon rescued 200 girls and 93 women from Sambisa. We cannot confirm if the Chibok girls are in the roup.
“The troops captured and destroyed three terrorists camps including the notorious Tokumbere Camp in the Sambisa Forest operation.
“The freed persons are now bein screened and
profiled. We will bring you details later.”