Your friends totally respect who you’re crushing on and will always be your wing woman no matter what, but sometimes they get way too invested. Even though you appreciate their support, here are some awkward, sometimes annoying things BFFs do when you have crush.
1. They create a ship name for you (and a code name for him) and say it every time he’s around. If he’s walking past your locker, they say the code name outloud, and you cringe because you feel like he has to know, right?
2. Anytime he walks by, they give you “the look.” Literally, it’s soooo obvious. Stop.
3. They keep more tabs on him than you do. If they see him with another girl, or if he changes his profile pic, you’re the first to know thanks to the investigative work you didn’t ask your BFFs to do (but you secretly appreciate it anyway).
4. They screenshot photos from his Insta and text them to you. If he posts a shirtless pic, your friend sends it to you immediately.
5. They ask how your crush is doing, as if you talk to him every day. “Um, he’s ok. I guess?”
6. They always find a sneaky way to try to hook you up. If your friend is dating his friend or has a mutual friend, she’s always dropping hints that you should all hang out together, or makes her BF bring him along without you knowing. AWKWARD.
7. They insert your crush into every conversation as if you two are totally dating IRL. They talk about prom as if it’s set in stone that he will be your date even though you’ve never talked to him.
8. They insert your name into every conversation they have with your crush. “No way! Ariel loves that band, too!”
9. They find reasons to change the way you walk to class, so you can accidentally run into him. You have to admit though—you love “accidentally” running into him.
10. They try to find reasons to leave you alone together, even if it’s just for 2 minutes in the hallway. “Oops, I forgot something in my locker! Catch you guys later!”
But one thing’s for sure, when it comes to bae, your bestie always has your back, and you wouldn’t have it any other way!
What are some things your friends do that are a bit awkward when you have a crush? Tell us in the comments!