When you have a crush, it’s hard not to obsess over what he thinks about you. But the truth is, most of the time guys don’t care or even notice the things you stress about. Yes, there are a lot of things guys care about, like Buffalo wings, sports, video games, cheese (yes, cheese!), baseball hats — and, yeah, girls: how often you call, what your friends say about them, and (secretly) if you like their hair. But there are other things most dudes really couldn’t care less about, like…
1. If you’re a good dancer. Dance like no one is watching. Your crush probably feels just as self-conscious as you do about showing off his moves. But if you let loose and have fun, it gives him permission to do the same.
2. That you forgot to put on mascara. While guys don’t like it when you’re wearing so much makeup that you don’t look like yourself, they probably won’t notice if they run into you sans mascara. Most guys actually prefer your #IWokeUpLikeThis look, so embrace it!
3. How perfect you look in your selfies. It doesn’t matter that you don’t look like Kendall Jenner in every pic. It’s cool to post funny, silly pics. It shows you’re a fun, awesome person to hang around!
4. Your “geeky” obsession with Harry Potter. So what if you still geek out over Harry Potter books you’ve read 3 million times? He might do the same! Even if he doesn’t get it, if a guy’s into you, he’ll think your encyclopedic knowledge of the wizarding world is just part of your charm. What’s hot is having the confidence to own who you are and what you like.
5. If you change your hair. #Guys. You can literally shave the side of your head and most guys won’t notice unless you point it out. It doesn’t mean he’s not into you, or he doesn’t like it.
6. If you’re good at flirting. He’s probably just as nervous as you are! It’s not like there’s a right or wrong way to flirt anyway. Everyone has awkward crush moments, but if you can laugh about them, it’ll help break the tension and show him you don’t take yourself too seriously.
7. If you’re not into the same music or movies. You don’t have to be into the same things to be into each other! Part of the fun of getting to know someone is learning about and doing cool, new stuff together.
8. If you sweat. You’re human! And, guys love girls who are into sports, so don’t be afraid to show that you’ve got serious skills in gym class.
9. Whether you ask them out. Sure, some dudes like it when you play hard to get, but guys also like a girl who isn’t afraid to show that she’s into him. Confidence is always hot.
10. How you dress. Guys love sweatpants and sneaks just as much as you do. You don’t have to be wearing the sexiest outfit to get a guy’s attention. Being a little mysterious and most importantly, confident is way more sexy anyway. Bottom line: Wear what makes YOU feel hot.
11. If you text him first. Guys get nervous about making the first move, too. Sending him a cute, flirty text first lets him know he won’t be rejected (a major reason guys don’t make a move) without coming off as desperate.
12. What you order at dinner. Don’t have any shame in your game when you order a big Chipotle burrito. Guys love to eat and they love girls who do, too!
What did we miss? Have your guy friends told you about things they don’t care about? Comment below!
originally posted on seventeen.com