Teachers are constantly throwing bad news at you in the name of your education, like pop quizzes, exams worth 50% of your grade, 20 page papers, and the totes uncool weekend homework. But sometimes, they take pity on you and say the BEST. THING. EVER. These are all the things that every student loves hearing their teacher say!
1. The test is open book. AKA, no need to study!
2. We’ll be watching a movie today in class. This one is especially awesome when you didn’t do your reading the night before, or you stayed up late texting with your crush and your brain is basically off.
3. And you don’t have to take notes on the movie.
4. You can work in pairs. Half the work!
5. This is a group project. Even less work!
6. And you can pick your partner/s. AKA, you get to work with your besties.
7. You can have an extension on your paper. Just when you think you’re going to be docked a letter grade because there’s NO WAY you can finish your 20-page paper by tomorrow, your teacher throws you a serious bone.
8. It’s okay to eat in class.
9. You can use one page of notes on the test. AKA, you can squeeeeeze every single piece of information that could possibly appear on the test onto one page. Challenge. Accepted.
10. You’ll have a sub tomorrow. You’ll get to spend class doing that night’s reading (talking to your friends).
11. If we get through everything, I’ll let you out 15 minutes early.
12. Everyone got #7 wrong… so I threw it out. Yeah, teamwork!
13. This won’t be on the test. Good… because I totes spaced out for the last 15 minutes.
14. No homework this weekend.
What are great things your teacher could say that didn’t make our list? Share them in the comments below