If the only time you have avocados is when you ask for extra guac on your Chipotle burrito, you’re missing out on one of nature’s best beauty boosters! Avocado has loads of hair and skin benefits. Here are some reasons to add avocado to your skincare routine—even if it sounds a little strange. So load up on the super food—stat!
1. It’s an all-natural moisturizer. Avocados are full of natural oils that can penetrate deep into your skin better than most drugstore products to keep skin soft and hydrated. Simply mash up an avocado and apply it directly to your face and body. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse off in the shower. It might sound weird, but your skin will be silky smooth after!
2. It’s a great DIY cuticle oil. Pick up some avocado oil at your local grocery store as you get ready for #ManiMonday. The hydrating properties in avocado will help soften your cuticles, and it’s a great moisturizer for dry hands!
3. It helps your skin appear more radiant. Because they’re full of antioxidants and carotenoids, avocados help improve the overall appearance of your skin. Try this DIY facemask to get glow-y, soft skin: mash up half a cup of avocado and mix in a quarter cup of honey. Apply it to your skin for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with a damp cloth.
4. It can help prevent breakouts and reduce acne scars. Avocados are filled with Vitamin E, which is a key ingredient in many acne treatments and helps diminish acne scars. Try the DIY avocado and honey mask once a week above, and you’ll have selfie-ready skin in no time!
5. It’s an amazing conditioner for dry, damaged hair. Avocado is your hair’s ultimate BFF. Whether you just want to add shine or you have seriously dried-out or damaged hair, it makes a great hydrating hair mask. Whisk an egg yolk, a teaspoon of honey, and a teaspoon of olive oil. Then, mash half an avocado and mix all together. Apply it all over your hair (especially on the ends), and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off, and shampoo. You’ll be shocked when you see the soft, shiny results!
6. It can help soothe a sunburn. You know you’re supposed to load up on the SPF, but if you do get a sunburn, avocado can help. Apply mashed-up avocado directly on it for instant relief.
source : http://www.seventeen.com